Quote Originally Posted by sherman51 View Post
I meant no disrespect Juls. and no I don't know how you run your boat but I know enough about your catching ability from reading your posts. we went out on a salmon charter to learn but the caption wouldn't even let us get the rod when a fish hit. he would get it and after the 1st run, he would hand it off to the next one in line. but the walleye charter we took out was 180 degrees different. it was hotrod charters out of Geneve OH but some time later he went back to fishing the western basin. on the 1st day, we got our hands wet but on the 2nd day, we did everything but drive the boat. but some charters will put you on fish so you catch fish and have a great time. but if they know upfront you are also there to learn they tend to teach rather than just catch fish.

but one thing you should know even after fishing Erie since the late 70s and going out on a charter for 2 days at the start on the central basin and taking another charter out that used inline board I feel I still have a lot to learn. when it comes to walleye fishing on Erie nobody knows it all. I started on a boat that ran dipsies then I had to try to learn about fishing with inline boards but i ended up using the lite bite slide divers ran it without using the slide part but the lite bite feature sets them apart from other divers like a dipsy or the Dreamweaver deeper diver.
No worries...I wasn't offended. I know what you mean....a couple captain friends and I, hired another captain friend for a day in a new area, and he didn't even let US set lines, even though we fish the same way. lol

I have heard of the lite bite slide divers, but never saw one, or used them before.

I also agree that no one knows it all...though, I've met a few that think they do.