Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
Well I just got the App and I hope it helps me while out on the lake. I think the more info I have the better it is. At the very least I will know how deep the lures are running and will be able to get them down to the fish. My next investment will be to spend a day with Juls to tie it all together.
i have always recommended going out on a charter before going on your own. i started fishing the western basin drift fishing in the late 70,s without much info. but it was so easy to get limits back then. when the water was cleared up thanks to the zebra mussel and fish numbers went down we switched to trolling and did great just using spinning gear with mostly the 2" hot n tots and standard wiggle warts. then some yrs later we moved to fish the central basin and I was totally lost. we took a charter out that used dipsy divers to get the lures down. we fished with him for 2 days and we were running things the second day with his guidance. we walked away with more knowledge than we could have gotten in 10 years on our own. we could fish with 3 divers on each side. we still got a few tangles but the worst tangles came from putting a left diver out on the right side of the boat. now I use different reels on each side. i think Juls would make a great teacher. she knows how to catch them and how to find fish and read her fishfinder. just make sure she knows you are also there to learn.