We went with a charter in late November out of Huron like 10 yrs ago and he was using rubber bands on his offshore boards.We then started doing the same and have never looked back.They work really well for us.We will buy a bag from office Depot in size 33.I can change the amount of tension on the tattle flag easily by moving the rubber band to either side of leading edge of the board.When I'm initially setting out a spread I will put the lure and lead in the water and hold the board in my hand and pull the line to see how much of a pull it takes to pull the flag down and adjust that rubber band to desired tension.I often change out the rubber bands too,but it's easy to do.I can get one new rubber band to hold up the flag even in summer at 2.5mph,a 2oz sinker and a 150 lead on a bandit.But can place 2 rubber bands if I have to.We will often be running 4 dipsey and 2 boards so having the flag going down really helps tell me a fish is on since don't have another board next to it to compare.