Quote Originally Posted by Derslayer1 View Post
Wind willing... I am also wind willing since coming from indiana. I read the off shore, nearshore, wind surf and every wind information i can attain before coming. Its seems the weather forecasting and the wind forecasts ar like WAY OFF from whats actually happening. I check the forecasted winds, 1 to 3 building to 2 to 4, but look at the cams and its a ripple at best. If I get a few days where it shows 1 to 3 or 2foot or less i go. It ends up being 2 to 4s. Just seems the "wind willing" is killin me... of course I,d like to hang some fish to take home but i have a freezer full. I just LOVE to troll for em. I cant seem to get an accurate wind analysis to go. I have what i thought was the best, im all for any helpful sites...
get an app called Fishweather. I won't show you wave predictions but will be quite accurate for wind predictions. Then you can learn what speeds and directions produce various wave heights and what your boat can take. The wave heights are only guesses by the National Weather Service and the bureaucrats at the NWS are the mopes who can't get a job elsewhere and what's posted may be made by some intern in Colorado.