Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Perch fishing toledo water intake

Great evening on water. South of lighthouse, 16ft of water. 2man limit in 3 hours. 20lbs at cleaners. Most of fish were 9s and 10s. Still small fish mixed in, and released. Very aggressive bite tonight. One more day and then will get another round of wind.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am going to try and fish into the late fall as long as weather permits, and we can get out from the recent reports the fishing is starting to get better as the lake cools off a buddy of mine called me this afternoon said they really did well.

Post Thanks / Like

Took advantage of the nice weather so hit the lake again today. Started very slow, mabey 5 dinky's from 10am until 12:30 !! Moved 4 times, finall ended up by the intake close in, about 18-19' ft of water. After about a half hour of watching good marks the bite started and the nicer fish came to bite !!! I kept nothing under 9" with many in the 10-11" range. From about 1:15 until 2:30 I caught 22 nice ones with a dozen throwbacks. Best action of the year for me...hope to get more days like this before the season ends !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    If the wind is under 10 I am going to make the drive Saturday
    Thanks for the up date
    Right now the forecast is for 10-15 mph from the sw. This time of year we are perch fishing fairly clisevto shore where the wind even upvto 20 moh wont bother you. I fish from a 16' alum SC and have no issues with SW winds up to 20 mph as I am less than 3 miles off shore

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 17.5 Deep V so I might give it a shot. I plan on getting a trail setup in the near future when I retire so I can out out all the time. I am looking at Wild Wings, I have stayed there when I chartered with Goose a couple of times

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Perch fishing toledo water intake-20221029_132120-jpg

Fished Friday and Saturday 10/28 and 29 total both days 2 men 82 fish 13.9 ft of water little cedar point shiners laying on the bottom , I would leave the bail open so the swing of boat does not move the line I believe the perch were laying on the bottom with fins touching so sonar did not pick them up we were not marking any fish but at time we would get double and even a triple on one line I used both a crappie rig with an additional sneilled hook and shiner at the bottom with a 5/8 oz egg sinker, and a spreader on the other pole .I kept all the gut hooked fish rather than feed them to the gulls that were all around me waiting for a snack cleaned them myself so don't know the weight , couple of nice size 12 inch in the mix also caught a 12 inch walleye hope to see a few more of his older buddies this Friday for one more trip before pulling the boat .
    Attached Images Attached Images Perch fishing toledo water intake-20221029_134112-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you had a great day!!! I have yet to make it out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Perch fishing toledo water intake-20221029_132120-jpg

Fished Friday and Saturday 10/28 and 29 total both days 2 men 82 fish 13.9 ft of water little cedar point shiners laying on the bottom , I would leave the bail open so the swing of boat does not move the line I believe the perch were laying on the bottom with fins touching so sonar did not pick them up we were not marking any fish but at time we would get double and even a triple on one line I used both a crappie rig with an additional sneilled hook and shiner at the bottom with a 5/8 oz egg sinker, and a spreader on the other pole .I kept all the gut hooked fish rather than feed them to the gulls that were all around me waiting for a snack cleaned them myself so don't know the weight , couple of nice size 12 inch in the mix also caught a 12 inch walleye hope to see a few more of his older buddies this Friday for one more trip before pulling the boat .
    Great information and photos. Nothing better than a fried perch dinner! Where are you launching from to fish the area around Little Cedar Point, a public DNR launch or private marina? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

cooley canal is free

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fished south West of intake this evening tried several depths 17 ft to 13 foot nothing looked for fish from The harbor Lighthouse to little cedar point finnaly got a perch to bite just before sunset ended up wirh 30 nice perch and a 12 inch walleye 13 .5 ft of water waves were a little bouncy bug nice eve on the water