I joined the Walleye forum a few months ago as I am just getting back to fishing Lake Erie after a 25 year hiatus from Sandusky. I grew up on a 13 acre wetlands area on the back side of the Sandusky bay which is now a county nature preserve. Spear-fished from a jon boat at age 12, ran a trap line before school and could walk 10 minutes from my door step to a crudely-built duck blind.....spoiled but didn't know it at the time...

I am just now getting back to my passion for fishing and have received some fantastic advice on perch rigs, walleye trolling techniques, etc. from a number of great forum members. Really appreciate the tips and hope to become a major contributor over the next couple of years. Purchased a boat this past spring (my wife got a new mattress so only seemed fair) and am super jacked to ramp up the weekend fishing this fall.

I grew up drift casting for walleye but have been equipping myself for trolling. Purchased the following 'starter set' of items to get going:
  • Dipsy Divers (going to try this over planer boards to start)
  • Bandits: 3 colors, 4 ¾", 5/8 oz
  • Worm Harnesses: 4 colors
  • 2 ¼" Spoons (found some highly rated ones at galeforcetackle.com)
  • Erie Dearies (for drift casting)

Unfortunately (from a $ standpoint), I still need some good poles/counter reels. Looking for any advise on good rods and reels that are reasonably priced. Hope the money going out is soon paid back somewhat by fish coming in!

Thanks to all!

-Stox