I've heard there are fish in shallow lately but that just seems in contrast to many other reports of them being deep. I haven't tried in close myself but have been really tempted. My best success has been 40ish using spoons on dipsy divers. But I do want to try a few various lures and methods other than the spoons and bandit program I usually run. The jigging sure sounds like fun ! Think I have a few Rapala rattle traps.
Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by pimplepounder View Post
Howdy Bob,
I have been fishing out of Huron at least once a week since July. I had been catching them out a few miles in 40+ feet using bandits 50-50 My hottest color has been green chartruse. followed by chrome and blue/chrome.
The last 3 weeks was able to fish a bunch because the university was shut down for break. I got a tip and since I have switched to using Hot-n-Tots 1/2 oz size 100 back. and fishing only about 24 fow. Have caught some really nice fish, although also some huge junk making it sort of a pain. The last few times I have gotten my ticket early enough to finish out the evening finding fish and using anchor lock and banging them with jigging raps. It sure is a lot of fun doing that.

Kent