Hello everyone! I finally made an account, and want to say thanks for all the information that you folks put out! I see lots of good information about trolling, but I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for casting and drifting.

I'm putting together a big family trip for this upcoming weekend (if the thunderstorms cooperate). We're going to camp and likely launch out of East Harbor with two 20-23 boats. We're all amateurs in the walleye arena... in the past we've just tried to find the other boats and hope for the best. This time, I'd love to go somewhere with some purpose, maybe get the kids of the group some nice fish! As long as the weather is decent, I don't mind motoring a bit if there is reason to. Should we be heading to the reefs? Cans? East of Kelleys? We typically cast Erie Dearies (gold, green/yellow) and use bottom bouncers with worm harnesses. What about casting crankbaits like Hot N Tots or Wiggle Warts? Any suggestions? What about color selection for this time of year? Should we be looking for suspended fish or will they be down on the bottom now? Any help is appreciated, thanks!