Saturday made it out on my first trip fishing this year. Didn't make it out until late morning / afternoon.
Started about 10 AM at the Huron Dump. Fished 3 lines since I was solo. Line lengths from 50 to 120 tried throughout my trip. Various bandit colors and tried a reef runner and mag 44 that has produced in the last. Speed range from 1.2 to 2.0. Only had one take back on a Glare Bandit. After about 2 to 3 hours and only 1 fish and not great marks moved to the cedar point dump. Stopped when I ran over quite a few marks. Set up the same pattern and got no takers. Passed over some nice looking marks mostly toward the bottom. Wonder if dragging meat (crawler) would have been better. Or closer to Kelleys island shallower water. With the sun bright I didn't think the walleye would be shallow and the water wasn't very dirty where I was.

I was undecided on trying off at ruggles reef (east of huron). But I didn't. From reading the posts here, I should have made the long run to the proving ground or around the islands. I dock in the Huron river so Catawba is about 18 miles.

Still lots to learn in my 2nd year on Lake Erie.