new to walleye fishing new to walleye fishing new to walleye fishing new to walleye fishing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    berniekyle Guest

Default new to walleye fishing

Haven't got much experience yet walleye fishing and was wondering how this rain is going to affect the lake and the way the walleye are biting. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

The rivers are already up and much of the ground is saturated. The rivers are dumping dirty water into the lake and the more rain, the more dirty water. If the wind stays resonably low, it won't stir up much lake muck. My best success is where the clean water is. Look up the satellite pictures of the lake. It is amazing when you look up the Western Basin. The clean water is where the best catching has been.

fbcoachfisherman Guest

Next two days won't help. We've had a NE wind all day here at that bay, now it is up over 30 knots. It looks like that is going to stay like that for at least a couple of days again. The water is still cold, although getting better. It was 47.5 on Saturday out of Turtle Creek 3 miles. When the water is this cold it is denser and takes longer for it to settle. Living here on the bay you know when the wind is NE. We have had a ton of NE wind this year. Only gonna get it the 40's here the next two days as well. Then great weather come the weekend again. I have friends who caught fish in the bay near the lighthouse/turtle island area and they said it was very dirty. Go figure. The one eye I got Saturday evening was in very stained water. Others were catching more than I was in that same stained water. I'm like you, I need cleaner water.