Capt. Tony (Mega Bites Charters) here, I've built a clientele over the years that simply won't troll, even if the fishing gets slow. When I ask why, they all say the same thing: "I like the contest between me and the fish." That's it. They will grumble something like "I want to catch the fish. With trolling, the boat catches the fish and by the time you get it to the net it's wore out." Now, I have customers who don't mind trolling because I let them work the rods and they love that part. We get tangles once in a while and it's frustrating but why spoil their fun? Ten years ago I invested in the best trolling gear money can buy. The equipment went mostly unused and I sold all of it. I am now reoutfitting because more customers are asking to troll while they talk and drink beer. LOL, Not sure what to make of that. Anyhow, I'll still drift and cast but troll, too. Best of both worlds I guess. On the question of what method catches fish faster. I personally have limited out casting in under two hours but most days it takes four hours. Two years ago I went 22 straight days with limits by noon all in the same area northwest of Lorain. I dock in Vermilion, so it's a seven mile jaunt for me. No trollers in sight. As the captain, I also like the challenge o find fish. With trolling you just point the boat and keep going, catching one here and there. It's a pain to haul in the gear to move. I'm looking forward to trolling this spring early instead of jigging (yes, there is good jigging action off Vermilion). So basically, its the time on the water, the feel of the strike, the satisfaction of choosing the right Bandit and fishing a fish to the net. I've been doing that since I was six. It never gets old, except with the wife.