Fishing with the Morris Crew...Jeff, Jeffery, and Christian 8/23/2021 Fishing with the Morris Crew...Jeff, Jeffery, and Christian 8/23/2021 Fishing with the Morris Crew...Jeff, Jeffery, and Christian 8/23/2021 Fishing with the Morris Crew...Jeff, Jeffery, and Christian 8/23/2021
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fishing with the Morris Crew...Jeff, Jeffery, and Christian 8/23/2021

We have 8" snubbers on our dipseys also.They act as a shock absorber when bigger fish hit the lure and help keep the fish hooked up when playing the fish.I also believe they help prevent the dipsey from spinning when letting the line out.Been reading a long steelhead thread on OGF and they say the snubber is not enough to prevent line breaking,but the drag has to be set very loose for steelhead.
    You can use braid for cranks and dipseys,but the main problem with braid when using the inline boards is that they slip out or through the releases.They make special releases for braid line,like the OR18 by offshore.Or you can wrap the braid around the release to hold it also.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fishing with the Morris Crew...Jeff, Jeffery, and Christian 8/23/2021

I checked Cabelas in Dundee, MI and also Bass Pro in Toledo and Bass pro had one 4" Dipsey diver. Yes, only one.
    All of the online places I checked were out of stock on the 4" Dipsey. So I bought two more of the deeper divers that I purchased before off Ebay, so now I have a set of 4, and 4 decent rods with braid. Which works with the 4 rod holders on my boat. I have the depth curves, so hopefully they work well. I think I am limited to 3 lines anyway if I am fishing by myself in Ohio, right?

I counted the number of lines that Juls had running mentioned at the top of this thread and I believe she mentioned 9 lines being set. I've trolled a lot in my past, over the years, but if we had two lines per person on the boat, that was a lot. I can't imagine dragging 9 lines. That would take some skills that I haven't acquired yet! So Planer boards are not in my plans yet. But obviously the more lines you have set, the greater your chances of catching fish.

Bass Pro shows stock on the snubbers so I will pick some up when I drive by there.
    Is there a reason to get the 8" vs the 12" snubbers?

Thanks, Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dipweed View Post
    I counted the number of lines that Juls had running mentioned at the top of this thread and I believe she mentioned 9 lines being set.
    When I have two customers, we run two boards per side and 4 dipsies, so only 8 of the 9 lines allowed.

When I have three customers, we run 3 boards per side and the 4 dipsies, for a total of 10 of the 12 allowable lines.

If they are experienced with boards, then we will run 4 boards per side and the 4 dipsies for 12 of the 12 allowable lines. But, seldom, do I have experienced customers who know how to run inline boards, so it's usually no more than three per side.

Keep it simple.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

bass pro still is mainly bass fishing not lake erie fishing...always thought they and cabelas in dundee were missing a great money making opportunity by not supplying items for erie.