Dipsy Diver setting's Dipsy Diver setting's Dipsy Diver setting's Dipsy Diver setting's
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dipsy Diver setting's

Quote Originally Posted by badboards View Post
    That's a lot to take in. I'm going to be reading this over and over for days to fully understand it and I mean that in a good way. I had tangled line, twisting line pretty much all of the above. Fishing shouldn't be that hard. should do a instructional video Bob it would help a lot of people out. Thanks

The best thing I have found to reduce tangles when running multiple dipseys on each side is to let them out by loosening the drag and not just using the clicker. We loosen the drag just enough so that they go out very slowly. This keeps them pulling so they stay away from each other and stops them from spinning, etc. If we need to bring in a dipsey for some reason, we will point the rod at the dipsey and pull straight back, which will easily trip the diver. It will then rise quickly and fall back to the middle. We run the forward most rods on a 3 setting, with more line out. The next rod back is on a 1 setting with less line out. Then on the corners we have our down-riggers. If you let them out with the drag, you should not have tangles.
    Last edited by slimshady; 07-28-2021 at 08:19 AM.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)