Sunday's frustration (hint no fish and stable flies) Sunday's frustration (hint no fish and stable flies) Sunday's frustration (hint no fish and stable flies) Sunday's frustration (hint no fish and stable flies)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday's frustration (hint no fish and stable flies)

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
    Good detailed report. What size willow blades and bead colors were you using on your harnesses? I thought I had tied every color and style of crawler harnesses, but never a double willow harness. Looks like another trip to Jann's Netcraft is in my future. I'll post the next time I'm out. My boat has been waiting to get in the shop for three weeks now and expect a quote on the damages ( pumping out the tank and carburetor rebuild) later today. Good luck on your next trip.
    I'm not quite sure the willow blades are labeled by size.I know the colorado blades do come by size number.I would say the size of willow is 2" long by 1/2" wide.I use quick change cleves with a lip on them.Then gamagatzu #1 hook and a treble behind that.The double willow are good because you can run them at higher speeds than the colorado.Im not sure how much bead color matters,but i use 6mm diameter beads.I like the transparent colors if i can get them.I like orange beads on all my trolling harness and i use a purple bead if got antifreeze blade and use neon yellow bead if using a purple blade.Seaguar 20# flourocarbon tied 6.5ft long.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday's frustration (hint no fish and stable flies)

Thanks for the info. I like the longer leader idea. I usually tie my harnesses either 36" or 48".