Sunday's frustration (hint no fish and stable flies) Sunday's frustration (hint no fish and stable flies) Sunday's frustration (hint no fish and stable flies) Sunday's frustration (hint no fish and stable flies)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday's frustration (hint no fish and stable flies)

Fished Sunday on a neighbors boat, Started SW of Green for 45 minutes, nothing, headed up North of Ballast, caught 1 keeper (#1 Dipsey set at 2/55') and a 6# Cat, Broke 1 line and lost the dipsey and spoon. Weird break, right near the Reel. Also Stretched out a snubber on a fish, but the fish came off so would have liked to see what that one was. Stayed in here with no success, trolled to the line, towards Middle Island and then South, West of Gull. For almost 3 hours did not have a single bite, tried everything with the boat and depths and tackle with no success. Moved and set up SE of South Bass, and caught 4 shorts and some sheep, pulled lines and went home. I did place 2nd in the Fly killing contest with 11 kills to my credit (Yellow fly swatter, overhand twist). The whole boat got 38 flys. Blow day Monday and did not go today, but wind was winding down when I left. One neighbor fished off of Lorain and got his 18 fish on Sunday.

Beautiful day on the Lake! (besides lack of fish and the flys)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday's frustration (hint no fish and stable flies)

What’s the limit on flies. I got a couple double hitters with one fly swatter this year…. Talked to some guys today. They have been doing better around 6pm than during day around SBI…My buddy caught his limit on his pontoon boat right off shore off of Lorain. Two rods off back no boards on rapalas…GL next time.