Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Casters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Casters

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    We went out Meinke west Friday got shut down from thunder storms in morning but did get out in the late after noon fished west of intake casting weapons and bottom bouncers with harness was hard to fish do to big rolling waves , tried again Saturday went to turn around bouy same thing but caught a few decent fish and a lot of shorts and of course homers and white perch there were lots of boats there doing about the same thing but I heard radio reports things were sounding better for trollers however I think they had to work for them also. so next trip going to head to 30 ft water if weather permits
    I was out Saturday morning. Started at 7:30 north of intake and fished in 26' of water. We made 6 long drifts. Casting #4 gold or copper blades and ran a couple bottom bouncers. We stopped at 1:30. Ended up with 24 keepers for 5 guys. Over 50 shorts - I caught 31 shorts myself. 20-25 sheepshead and over 25 white perch. Casting to a 10 count or bottom bouncers off the bottom 4-5 cranks up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Casters

Quote Originally Posted by PZeiler View Post
    I was out Saturday morning. Started at 7:30 north of intake and fished in 26' of water. We made 6 long drifts. Casting #4 gold or copper blades and ran a couple bottom bouncers. We stopped at 1:30. Ended up with 24 keepers for 5 guys. Over 50 shorts - I caught 31 shorts myself. 20-25 sheepshead and over 25 white perch. Casting to a 10 count or bottom bouncers off the bottom 4-5 cranks up.
    I said turn around bouy but I do not think I made it all the way there, so was not deep enough will head out farther next time out thanks for the info