Quote Originally Posted by Bordy View Post
The Cans are marked on most navigation charts and on the Navionics chips. They mark the Camp Perry firing range. A is the top NW corner with B and C in line to the east. C is the NE corner (near Niagara reef) and then the line goes southeast thru D, E, and F. F is the SE corner and the line goes SW through Area 1 that is off limits all the time. K and L round out the range from Locust Point back to A in a NW line. I'm sure some readers know how to find the map on line.

From what I read, the casters are not letting their weight hit bottom, but giving it a count of 5 or 10 before starting the retrieve. Weight depends on wind/waves and depth. I normally use 1/2 or 3/4 oz egg sinkers in the loop of my harness.

We'll be there all next week. Hope this helps,
Bordy
I like this thread "Casters" will try to keep it going with my 2 cents worth of info . I am Looking forward to fishing this weekend Thursday eve through Saturday eve I will post info as soon as were catching fish in real time so if your out PM me I will be on the radio channel 68 call sign MBLMIKE boat BCNU 27 foot Sportcraft white blue top out of Meinke west .