Fished Sun, Mon, Tues this week. Everything different from past years. Coming out of Lakeside, I couldn't get anything going SE of Kellys or E of Kellys.
I did find some baitfish and walleye loosely scattered N of Kellys Island Shoal and over to Gull Island, all within 1/2 mile of the Canadian boarder. Nice quality fish I might add. No surprise they wanted bandits early (fished at around 15 feet depth) then spoons on Dipseys later as the sun got high in the sky, 35-40 ft depth. Nothing would touch the all time classic blue chrome bandit but got bit on a wild electric green and pink bandit. No sale on my "go-to" purple spoon either. Got bit on another wild hot-green and orange salmon spoon. In one case literally dragging a spoon on the bottom in 35-40 feet. Bite was slow but I got enough to bring home 5 meals for the family. My guess is the after-effects of the big blow scattered the baitfish schools so the walleye scattered too. I'd be interested in anybody elses' opinion about what is going on.