I finally got my new boat and tool it out last weekend for its maiden voyage. Mostly a test run and just getting out.
I stopped at Kelley's island shoal toward the southern part (Northern part was full of boats) tried jigging with a purple jig and white jig for a little while. Got zero takers on the jig. Did see three fished netted near me. About 6 people aboard. Also tried throwing a plastic bouncing it off the bottom.

I am curious how the veteran walleye anglers decide where to fish and how to find fish? I was watching the sonar and really didn't see what I think a walleye would look like. Did see a large "ball" of fish go by. Seemed like a ton of smaller fish. With Lake Erie being so massive how do you zone on where to search?

Like Capt Porkchop and Juls always know how to find the fish and I am sure years of experience pays off. I realize there are seasonal patterns and the walleye stack up on the reefs but now they are probably moving on post spawn.

Looking for some Lake Erie pointers and some knowledge. Next time out I want to do some trolling but where to start... 35 fow, 45 fow, east of Kelley's, straight north of Huron, west of the bass islands... etc...
I dock in Huron.

Thanks