Scatter the walleye Scatter the walleye Scatter the walleye Scatter the walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say the ones who blast through the group are the same ones who " Make Ready" on the boat ramp. Most out there are considerate of others, but there is always a handful of selfish fools. I have other words I use, but not on the forum.

I always give the pack a wide birth and find me a hole. This for trollers, anchored, or drifting no matter. There is plenty of lake and plenty of time..
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Post Thanks / Like

No problem Mike, I have often made the analogy of golf when fishing rivers. Some people move upstream, some downstream, some stay put. People use bait, lures and people flyfish. I've encountered overcrowding rivers, especially in PA and MI waters, though I've never tried the Maumee. I've had more polite people on the rivers asking me if I want to squeeze between them and their buddy, 40 feet away, than I see on the big lake. I don't understand it. So much water and so many fish in the big lake.

I also think the metroparks in cleveland needs to have people move along the rivers in similar ways as a golf course. Take 45 minutes to play the hole, then move up or down and let someone else try the area. This would be similar to when the larger rivers with drift boats have people move downstream and leapfrog each other during the day. Although, the metroparks cannot even keep golfers moving so what makes me think they can direct fisherpersons during steelhead season right?

Hey, tight lines everyone,
    I hope to get out this weekend for first time of the season.
    Rickerd