Sunday 3/21  what a cluster Sunday 3/21  what a cluster Sunday 3/21  what a cluster Sunday 3/21  what a cluster
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some were spot locking and jigging vertically, not sure what kinds of jigs they were using, but they looked small. There were 5 guys in a boat and they were making drifts. I think they were using blade baits and casting a shot ways and retrieving it slowly bouncing it off the bottom. They were fishing off the Lee of the boat. I don't know for sure, you might want to pose the question on the forum.
    Duckwater boat owner, I fish for fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I pretty sure the jigging was their Plan B since there were not many suspended fish to catch on the troll, they reverted to tactics that are the prime tactic on inland lakes and rivers which is to work the bottom with jigs. These guys that are skilled at catching walleye inland have an advantage over those of us that rely on suspended fish and trolling when the bites tough (in my opinion). I think the most useful piece of information is you saw some guys managing to entice the negative bottom oriented fish to bite and that IS good to know and take note of on those days where you can’t get a program going but see a lot of fish near the bottom. Something else to try on a tough day.