This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Old Boat!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looking at quotes for Boat Insurance I got one from Progressive $675.00 a year that includes Vessel Towing insurance , all fishing gear ,trailer, liability injury And Stated value coverage for total loss $9000.00 of the boat any thoughts ? seems a little high since we have 4 to 5 month lay up over the winter .

Post Thanks / Like

I have my boat covered at full replacement value of $105,000 plus contents for $488.00 per year. Anything happens to it, I will get $105,000. Prior to this boat, I had a 27 ft Searay Amberjack and the annual was around $450.00 per year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

From the Catawba Erie cam this morning I see a single boat drifting in the fog Hope they do some good Wind out of the West and just a mild chop on the water ,

Post Thanks / Like

I know you said early on that the stringers have been replaced, but if you bought through an online auction, I'd still question their integrity... How long ago were they replaced, and how good of a job was done? I'd suggest having a marine surveyor go over it before putting too much investment in the rest of the boat. I'd hate to see you put $10K or better into other stuff only to find out she's about to split in half over one good wave...
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was able to spend some time last Friday getting some work done replaced starter , Oil cooler , raw water pump , new batteries , replaced belts. oil and filter etc . boat started right up and idled smooth looking forward to maybe getting the lift to set her into water Wednesday , as I have been reading the fishing is improving so going to see how she does . Just a note to any who have a Coast guard documented vessel the cost to have it transfer currently is $450.00 and it takes up to 6 months to complete you can pay an additional $75.00 to expedite and this will get you a operators certificate to enable use of boat while the transfer is being completed .
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 04-13-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: This Old Boat!

I fished Friday morning a real hot day but not a hot bite, managed 3 one a shorty sent back to grow a little, also caught a nice yellow perch and big channel cat and 1 drum fished north west of the Toledo water intake 23 foot of water stayed outside the pack of boats , casting green/ white Erie Dearies no wind but a nice hot and sunny day on the water. Upon my arrival at the my dock I was met by a State Watercraft Officer who did a check on my safety equipment and we got a thumbs up so all good , by the way this "officer was also a gentleman " after the inspection we chatted about fishing and got to know each other a little . I cant wait till next Friday to try again .

PS there appears to be nets on the south side of the intake FYI
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 05-22-2021 at 08:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Looking at quotes for Boat Insurance I got one from Progressive $675.00 a year that includes Vessel Towing insurance , all fishing gear ,trailer, liability injury And Stated value coverage for total loss $9000.00 of the boat any thoughts ? seems a little high since we have 4 to 5 month lay up over the winter .
    That is extremely high. I have Progressive and insure a new Hewescraft Searunner 210 with tow and equipment for under $400.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    That is extremely high. I have Progressive and insure a new Hewescraft Searunner 210 with tow and equipment for under $400.
    Thanks Eyecrazy that's what I was thinking . I am going to shop around a little and get a few more quotes before pulling the trigger our boating season is only about 8 months or so , the rest of time its on land and so far is kind of hard to sink a boat on land!

Post Thanks / Like

I Also have Progressive on Boat , bundle it with my Broker with House , vehicles , Camper , Rentals , Business etc
    the more you go through a Bundle with a Broker the more you can save
    They own Perferred Insurance Network Perrysburg , Ohio may be worth your time to call them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Thanks Eyecrazy that's what I was thinking . I am going to shop around a little and get a few more quotes before pulling the trigger our boating season is only about 8 months or so , the rest of time its on land and so far is kind of hard to sink a boat on land!
    Well, it can still be stolen, vandalized, catch on fire, equipment can be stolen, involved in an accident while being transported, or if a kid is playing in it (even unauthorized) or a person is helping you and gets hurt, there is a liability issue. (Been there and/or seen that)