This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: This Old Boat!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok a little up date on the old boat was up to Meinke marina Tuesday to check on repairs and get the water drained from the block first A note of importance when you pull the plug on your block to drain it be sure you stick a small pick or probe into the block to remove any sediment that may be holding water in the water jackets I learned this some years ago the hard way. So got all the water out and was able to find the over heating problem the previous owner had installed a new Pocket pump with the intake reversed so was not drawing any fresh water in easy fix . However there was oil in the pump so the Oil cooler is defective another easy fix new oil cooler heat exchanger so so far so good . want to do a shout out to Andy at Meinke for his super help in getting the boat shrink wrapped on short notice did an awesome job cant give the folks at Meinke enough commendation for there help.
    I hope every one has a safe winter lets stay healthy both Spiritual , Physical and Mental so we all can get back on the lake in the spring

.This Old Boat!-l1600-4-jpgThis Old Boat!-l1600-1-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Ok a little up date on the old boat was up to Meinke marina Tuesday to check on repairs and get the water drained from the block first A note of importance when you pull the plug on your block to drain it be sure you stick a small pick or probe into the block to remove any sediment that may be holding water in the water jackets I learned this some years ago the hard way. So got all the water out and was able to find the over heating problem the previous owner had installed a new Pocket pump with the intake reversed so was not drawing any fresh water in easy fix . However there was oil in the pump so the Oil cooler is defective another easy fix new oil cooler heat exchanger so so far so good . want to do a shout out to Andy at Meinke for his super help in getting the boat shrink wrapped on short notice did an awesome job cant give the folks at Meinke enough commendation for there help.
    I hope every one has a safe winter lets stay healthy both Spiritual , Physical and Mental so we all can get back on the lake in the spring

.This Old Boat!-l1600-4-jpgThis Old Boat!-l1600-1-jpg
    You will enjoy it next year for sure. !

you are just down 10 Docks from me, look forward to meeting you, I see you from Columbus, I am 4 miles away from Marina , I will keep a eye on it for you when you are home.
    There are great people docked around you/ Us many of us have been there a long time and are all friends .