Quote Originally Posted by captain tacky View Post
Look me up next year, G 33 have a Deck over the Water that spans G-32 and G 33 just down from you, have a Searay Amberjack 270 just pulled it Saturday -

the 27 Sportcraft is actually only 9 ' 6 ' wide I had one about 15 years ago , if you have a Good Trailer with Good Tires you will be fine going to Columbus .Semi Trailers are 9' Wide so you will only be 6" more... people tow them all over .

Maximum unpermitted width is 8' 6". It's good that your boat is under 10'. You won't require signage but it will have to be flagged at four corners and at it's widest point if you somehow get a permit. You can roll the dice and go but be warned. The Ohio DOT guys both local and state are not stupid. They deal with this stuff every day and are very good at estimating width and weight. If they do catch you they WILL write the appropriate ticket and won't let you move until you have the correct permit or have a licensed company(if you can find one that will pull your trailer) hook your trailer and move your boat. I'm not trying to scare anyone but what I've stated are real possibilities. With this being said, your chances of getting caught are probably slim, but there is a chance. If you decide to go without a permit DON"T flag it. I am a retired truck driver and I do know the laws. Oh, by the way Ohio is the only state that operates this way on the permits.