We launched from Mazurik at 7 am and headed north of kelleys to find some fish as I have not fished on Erie for 3 weeks I had to locate the fish again. I found and marked a nice school and went back south west to set up on them and troll with the wind towards the north east. We started setting bandits with 50' leads back to 170 to 130 total line out. We had 4 fish on with only 6 lines out. The colors today where khaki and orange. The fish where not on fire but where in a very concentrated area. I just kept circling that area and would pick up fish on every pass. The wind made a 180 degree change thru the day started southwest and ended east north east. Made for some very choppy wave action as they where coming from all directions. it was cloudy all morning and then the sun came out and pushed the fish right down on the bottom. We dropped our baits down running 50' leads and back to 180 total line out and that got us down to them and caught our last few fish. So we got them their 18 walleye and called it a day as we where all worn out from working hard to stand up and keep our balance in the mixing bowl. We where all happy with the results.
Tuesday 9/8 trip with some Iowa boys-9920-015-jpgTuesday 9/8 trip with some Iowa boys-9920-016-jpg