Quote Originally Posted by hageman View Post
A picture would be most helpful, but I am guessing that with this high water temperature, you may be seeing individual disarticulated vertebrae from whatever bait fish they ate. If not, perhaps the gill cover from small fish, the gizzards from shad or depending upon the size of the fishes in question, lucky stones. I cannot image a walleye with any type of mollusks in them.
So just for conversation, My fishfinder marked more walleye than I've seen in more than a month in the area that I fished Saturday and this morning. Usually if they're not on the bottom your going to catch them, and a lot were up in the water column mixed with what looked like some kind of hatch, but none of the fish caught had any fish remnants in their stomachs....and they weren't biting like what i'd consider good for the amount of fish marked there. We didn't catch many junk fish or any shorts. On my finder, it marks walleye with yellow centers if the walleye have any size to them, which is what we caught, 18-22" fish ....wish I took a screen shot to show what I'm talking about. Friday evening we caught our walleye down by Crane Creek and they didn't have that gold color to them and didn't see what looks like hatch on the finder. Also didn't have many of those spiny fleas on our lines there, but did East of Kelly's. I guess that's where I'm heading with this topic, are the walleye eating those fleas? do those fleas have some sort of shell at some point?