Got minnows this morning at Bite Me Bait. When I went in, I asked "You got goldies?" Answered yes.

Went south of B. Slow pick, decent at first, slowed down. Went to B. Slower. Decent size but finished with only 32 fish (10 lbs) for 2 guys, 5 hours fishing.

Part way through the morning I noticed half the minnows were much darker and would bleed badly when we hooked them. Turned very dark on the hook. Told my buddy to look at this and he said, heck those are fatheads. I agreed.

The perch didn't want anything to do with them. I could put one of them and two goldies on my 3 hook rig, and 5 fish later the fathead was still untouched. Told my buddy "we would have had our limit if we had had all goldies or emeralds."

Was confirmed when we went to the ramp. Guy pulling out beside us had been fishing 300 yards from our last spot and had a 3 person limit. He said he had Emeralds.

I was disappointed they hadn't been up front and said it was a mix. Would have bought a couple more scoops and sorted. We wasted a lot of hooks fishing with the fatheads.