Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk2700 View Post
Was trolling along last Sunday and my boat just decided to turn right. I grabbed the remote for my Motorguide xi5 and no response. Had the wife steer with the kicker and pulled the Motorguide only to find it wrapped with, I would guess 14lb line. I started to pull the extra mono and after about a 100 yards up pops a line counter reel and rod. It hadn't been in the water more than a couple hours. Looked new. To bad it doesn't match any of my other gear. I'm sure I will find a needy fisherman that can put it to use.
Man, I wish I'd got a rod and reel out of the deal instead of lousy bandit with 2 hooks missing - would have almost made it worth going swimming. And, of course, we were on an active pod of fish trying to finish off our limit and lost 30 minutes of fishing time. Plus, I had to pull the prop when we were back in to make sure there wasn't anymore line in the seal. Real PITA.

I had the same thing happen with my Ulterra - going crazy, no response - what the ? - had a big plastic bag wrapped around the prop - no damage - no foul - haha.