Quote Originally Posted by My Way View Post
I'd like to thank everyone who contributed/offered assistance/info/suggestions. before I read all the information, I purchased and installed a new primer bulb, took it out a a test run to the intake, ran beautiful then as I rounded the intake, same results, lost all rpms had to limp in at 5 mph . Read all the information posted, went to the marina Saturday and took the gas line off and blew as suggested (several times). Then checked the anti-siphon valve on the pick up tube and there was no ball in the valve, it was free flowing from either direction, went to Mobile R.V. & Marine in Oak Harbor and picked up a new valve installed and motor started right up, ran for 20 minutes, ran beautiful, after I shut it down, checked fuel/water separator, no debris, unable to test run it due to 3 - 5 foot waves Saturday morning.
Went to go fishing Sunday (yesterday) and 1 mile out same results, lost rpms, so I decided to fish right there, 30 minutes, no luck, so I moved a few times, ended up drifting 5.5 miles towards the east, ended up with 1 eye. At this point it was 11:00 I said I better head in. Took off fine, after about a mile & 1/2 lost all rpms again, cut off many times on the way in. At one point I went to prime the bulb to help get it started, the primer bulb had collapsed suck in on itself. end up limping back in, cut off in the channel, I ended up docking in the middle of A bank, let it sit for an hour, then limped back to my dock, very frustrated. Captain Tacky you mention a filter Screen inside the tank, how would I access it? My engine is a 2001 Yamaha 225 TXRP it does not have a VST found how to clean one on You Tube. I also switched to Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment from Sta-Bil. I have ordered new plugs and wires but I really feel as if its a fuel issue because when its idling at the dock it sounds like its running perfect. NOW THE BAD;
I've used any gas available, usually the least expensive I could find, the previous owner only told me to use mid-grade to premium, so if that meant trailing, then that's what I had to do, occasionally I'd get it at Meinke's but its really expensive, almost $4 a gallon at times. I never knew anything about non-ethanol gas until reading this forum, after reading I began paying attention at the pump mostly Costco, they bolster about having Top Tier Gas but over the weekend I see the pump says; "contains 10% ethanol" So this is where I am, it's so frustrating I'm about ready to go to a shop, $$$ but most in the area don't/won't service Yamaha, the closest I could find is; Happy Days or Dubbert's' PC!
Thank you all in advance for any & all of the assistance.

I dock at Meinke West, looks like that is your home port also, if you want to email me [email protected] I would be glad to stop take a look, it is a Fuel delivery issue if the Buld is Collapsing, No charge, I live close and always like to help if I can . I would bet the screen is plugged , very common problem.