Being an older fisherman on this site, I enjoy reading forums and I am impressed by the number of trolling forums. I began in the 80's as a mate on a strictly drift only boat, then a mate on several trolling boats before obtaining my captains license and running my own rig for about 15 years. Now my port was in the southeast Michigan area and most captains there had an opinion on their thoughts of trolling vs casting, and few did both. But needing to visit this wonderful port in Ohio where I often needed to go as it was the nearest Baha parts dealer in the area, I noticed a little stronger opinion when talking to captains there. Now if you dropped in and banged elbows talking about flinging some weight forward spinners, that was cool. But if you waltzed up to the conversation and said, aw no man, I'm a troller. Well... if you didn't (accidently of course) slip into the pond, you may have been shown where the bear takes a dump in the woods so to speak. So my question to any oldies like me, has things really changed around there???