Wind Speed/Direction = Calm Seas Wind Speed/Direction = Calm Seas Wind Speed/Direction = Calm Seas Wind Speed/Direction = Calm Seas
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
    West or South West winds are the best 10 mph or less.
    The North and North West winds can bring up the bouncy waves and are the most unpredictable.
    Lake Erie can be very unpredictable so bring a rain coat too.
    If walleye fishing, I would bring 4 dozen night crawlers per person. (white perch are great bait stealers, and sheep head are fun to catch ~ they all like to steal your bait)
    Hydrate the night before (water).
    Bring plenty of water in your cooler for the trip. Pop is ok, but water is the best.
    No spicy foods~! A dump in the Head Boat is no joy with a moving boat, plus the small quarters just makes it worse if you are prone to motion sickness.
    Light breakfast in the AM and bring some crackers for a light snack, the cheese, nut and turkey packs are good to have in your cooler.
    Finally, take a motion sickness pill, they may make you tired but better then a "chum machine" ~!
    Good Luck,
    Hope this helps~!
    Tight Lines,
    ~Water Dog

Go to Rite Aid , Wallgreens or any big Pharmacy they sell a Motion Sickness Wrist Band
    , simple to use just put 1 on each wrist with button Pressure Point as in instructions.

Do not understand the full reason why they work but in my 50 Plus years of Fishing on lake Erie they work for those that experience Sea Sickness .Key is to PUT them ON before leaving Dock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captain tacky View Post
    Go to Rite Aid , Wallgreens or any big Pharmacy they sell a Motion Sickness Wrist Band
    , simple to use just put 1 on each wrist with button Pressure Point as in instructions.

Do not understand the full reason why they work but in my 50 Plus years of Fishing on lake Erie they work for those that experience Sea Sickness .Key is to PUT them ON before leaving Dock
    My son could not go fishing for years. Got a couple sets of those bands and they worked. Kept a set in each truck. One day we forgot them and he had no problem. Has needed them since.