Fishing Reports? Fishing Reports? Fishing Reports? Fishing Reports?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

liketohuntlovetofish

Fished Maumee bay today - afternoon. 2 man limit in about 2 hours. Fun fished for another hour and threw 18 walleye back. 14 foot of water on the east side of the channel. The key to jig fishing to me is water clarity. Too muddy, obviously hard for them to see it. To clear and the daylight shuts them down in shallow water. Ideal clarity to me for jig fishing is to be able to see your jig disappear about 10"-12" below the surface.

The next thing to determine is what they want. Speed and angle of presentation matters. Colder water means moving slower - use a drift sock. Sometime a cast off the boat of 25' will work and then jigging straight down will work. Color of jig also matters as far as what catches the most. Today it started of as purple and ended up as black being the best color.

Success to fishing is figuring out what will work under the current conditions - not what worked yesterday. (If you were to go back to the same spot I was at today, the conditions will have all changed but the thing to take into consideration is that the fish are in the area - you just need to find them) Start out with what your comfortable with and have confidence in. If it doesn't work, make a change. "Tune" in your presentation and you will become successful.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that. Pretty much the same as all fishing. I think I lack any good experiences to start feeling confident. I’ll keep trying as long as my kids will keep coming up with me. Keep reading and learning... buying different presentations

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by liketohuntlovetofish View Post
    Thanks for that. Pretty much the same as all fishing. I think I lack any good experiences to start feeling confident. I’ll keep trying as long as my kids will keep coming up with me. Keep reading and learning... buying different presentations
    liketohuntlovetofish, sadly due to coronavirus, this year doesnt work. Im fishing alone because of it. Fishing has been fabulous, have had limits last 8 days been able to get on water. Usually less than 2 hrs. Fact you want to fish with your kids is great. I'm not expert by any means, nor am I a charter. Would be my pleasure to help you & your kids catch fish. Jig fishing is fun, requires patience usually. I'm not tech savvy, just let me know best way of us to make contact without everyone else getting involved. I rent condo at Green Cove in Oak Harbor for 3 weeks every April. Would love to help you & young ones catch fish next year. would do my heart well.

Post Thanks / Like

I was up Monday with the wife and 4 kids (all under 10)... so we were busy not fishing plenty of the time. We were jig fishing for bass, but it was pretty muddy after Sunday and only got a few. But, a friend of mine was there trolling chartreuse bandits between MB and SB in 32-34 feet of water and got 7 walleye in two hours before trying for some bad with us. He was 50 back with a 2oz snap at 20. All 18-23 inches.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there with a couple of buddies on Monday. We just had to head further North and found some very nice water. 3 man limit of walleye!