Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
From what I have been reading on these sites,Ottawa sheriff dept wanted the state to close the public ramps in the county.The state controls all the public ramps so they kept them open.The state then decided to stop selling out of state fishing and hunting licences.I believe Ottawa county officials were worried about an influx of people coming from Michigan,since their governor has prohibited the use of all motorized watercraft.Looks like officials are enforcing the nonessential travel and quarantine restrictions the state has mandated for out of staters.
I’ve recently been tested for Covid-19, fortunately test came back negative. I can get a letter from Dr. to verify. Have quarantined in NE Indiana for over 1 months now. Fished out of Mazuriks earlier this year with no problem from ODNR.

I have out of state (Indiana)valid Ohio fishing license. How do they prove you have quarantined 14 days in Ohio? Can an Ohio fisherman with virus launch from Mazuriks with no problem?
I understand the seriousness of virus, but to be fair to all anglers, close State ramps all together instead of making exceptions that are about as unfair as you can get.
Politics and fishing never mix. I was born in Springfield Ohio, where DeWine is from. I know him well from years of his politics. I posted recently about my experience at launching from Mazuriks, went very smooth.
So question, when will all this end???