During yesterday's April 2, 2020 News Press Conference at 2:00 PM on Covid-19 The Governor has revised and re-issued The Ohio Stay at Home Order. He specifically addressed fishing on Lake Erie, here the top six (6) takeaways; 1. The Ohio Stay at Home Order has been extended through May 1, 2020. 2. The public ramps will remain open (for now) but monitored, they will be watching for Safe Social Distancing. 3. Ohioans are allowed to fish as long as they are following the Safe Social Distancing Guidelines. Example; I have a 23' walk-around, I could easily fish with two (2) others, one on the bow, I'd sit at the wheel (mid-ship) and one on the back seat at the stern, we would easily be six (6) feet apart. 4. Obviously Charter Boats with a crew can't achieve Safe Social Distancing. 5. Individuals traveling from out of state to fish or any other reason would not be allowed to fish due to the new directive; that travelers arriving to Ohio should self-quarantine for fourteen (14). I suppose the caveat would be if the traveler(s) would be in the state for fifteen (15) days or more. 6. Common sense and public safety should be the prevailing factor in any decision when it comes to venturing out into the public. With that said, I'm with Captain Juls, I'm going to do my part and Shelter in Place to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus, at least until May 1 2020, I will re-evaluate my decision if this pandemic goes past May 1, 2020. Everyone must make his/her own decision and do what's best for you and your family. All of the above information can be found/verified at;
https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/por...-through-may-1