State Shut Down State Shut Down State Shut Down State Shut Down
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: State Shut Down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

During yesterday's April 2, 2020 News Press Conference at 2:00 PM on Covid-19 The Governor has revised and re-issued The Ohio Stay at Home Order. He specifically addressed fishing on Lake Erie, here the top six (6) takeaways; 1. The Ohio Stay at Home Order has been extended through May 1, 2020. 2. The public ramps will remain open (for now) but monitored, they will be watching for Safe Social Distancing. 3. Ohioans are allowed to fish as long as they are following the Safe Social Distancing Guidelines. Example; I have a 23' walk-around, I could easily fish with two (2) others, one on the bow, I'd sit at the wheel (mid-ship) and one on the back seat at the stern, we would easily be six (6) feet apart. 4. Obviously Charter Boats with a crew can't achieve Safe Social Distancing. 5. Individuals traveling from out of state to fish or any other reason would not be allowed to fish due to the new directive; that travelers arriving to Ohio should self-quarantine for fourteen (14). I suppose the caveat would be if the traveler(s) would be in the state for fifteen (15) days or more. 6. Common sense and public safety should be the prevailing factor in any decision when it comes to venturing out into the public. With that said, I'm with Captain Juls, I'm going to do my part and Shelter in Place to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus, at least until May 1 2020, I will re-evaluate my decision if this pandemic goes past May 1, 2020. Everyone must make his/her own decision and do what's best for you and your family. All of the above information can be found/verified at;
    https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/por...-through-may-1

Post Thanks / Like

That’s a true bummer for us over here in Indiana! We live 2 miles from the border and frequent the lake as much as time and weather allows. For the past 2 years it has been tough to get out there because of the rains and winds. This year, finally, we have had some great weather and available days to get out there a couple of times....we were looking forward to more. We work with Ohioans daily...face to face, side by side, and definitely not 6ft apart at all times. It’s just a requirement for our job to get done satisfactorily. Now by the way it sounds my kids and I cannot travel 2 miles into Ohio and go to the lake...no stops at gas stations, no bait shop stops, and plenty of room between the next guy at the ramp or on the lake. For sanity sake, for food, and a darn good time with family, I hope they figure out a better way to handle this than to punish people for crossing the border to do what they have invested in. Good luck to you all out there and stay safe!

Post Thanks / Like

Does that mean that you can go fishing as long as your keeping social distance and not on contact with anyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Out of state fishmen

Remember if you are coming from out of Ohio you must self quarantine yourself for 14 days

Post Thanks / Like

Actually the order says “SHOULD quarantine for 14 days” not must.
    How are they supposed to enforce that anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Juls, I am not willing to risk getting it. These people coming from out of state sure are not going to quarantine for 14 days. Fish are not worth a life. I hope we all can make it through this and fish another day. Stay safe everyone!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What’s the difference in a person coming from a state with 350 cases in the state versus a person coming from a country in Ohio with 350 plus cases. Who is more likely to transmitt..........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cvanburen View Post
    What’s the difference in a person coming from a state with 350 cases in the state versus a person coming from a country in Ohio with 350 plus cases. Who is more likely to transmitt..........
    Don't care if its 350 or 50 still to many. Think I will just stay at home as much as I hate to and hope it come to a end soon.
    When I read got 24 in one pass don't seem like Social Distancing to me

Post Thanks / Like

There are only 6 states in continental United states with less than 350 cases.Only nearby state that has those numbers are west Virginia with 324.Ohio has less cases than the rest of adjacent states.Michigan and Penn have more than 4 times the number of cases than Ohio.I would not expect our officials to selectively allow the few out of town fishermen from a low impact state.Then keep out the majority of people from a highly infected state.

Post Thanks / Like

The Sandusky river accesses have all been closed down at Fremont.The City of Maumee closed all fishing Accesses on the Maumee. If you are coming from out of state you must self Quarantine for 14 days .Yes the DNR are checking.
    Last edited by AlKine; 04-06-2020 at 01:08 PM.