you have got some great info here. I didnt know crap about using dipsies when I started so I went on a charter a couple of times. he used 65# braid so when I went on my own I spooled 150' of 16# ande line then 300' of the 65# braid on my 17 size daiwa reels. and I still use 65# braid because its what I started with. I went to 50' of water with lite bite slide diver rigged like a dipsy at 1.8 to 2.0 mph the diver set at 4.5. then it took 185' to bump bottom. I divided 185 by 10 which gave me 18.5. then I divided 50 by 18.5. this gave me a dive curve of 2.7' down for every 10' of line I let out. so now I set my 4.5 diver at the depth I want using the 2.7. then I set my middle diver at 3.0 and let it out 15' less than the 4.5 diver then I set my back diver on 1.5 and let it out 15' less than the 3.0 diver. the extra length on the front divers helps prevent tangles.

you could do this with 30# line. run 1.8 to 2.0 set on 3 then just go to 50' let out line until you bump bottom. say it takes 160' divide by 10 which gives you 16 now divide 50 by 16. this will give you your dive curve for every 10' of line out. now just use that number for setting the diver set on 3.0 then your middle diver set on 2.0 15' less and the back diver set on 1.0 15' less the the 2.0 diver. if you speed up you get less depth and slow down and get deeper.

I use my lite bite divers for the lite bite feature. I use them like dipsies the tie my line to an o ring lace the line through the back going in the lite bite arm. then I set the lite bite tension as loose as it will go. now even white perch will trip it. for salmon just set it a little tighter.