Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
I believe the Captains that post on this site are very safe and responsible charter captains.I am thankfull that they do post the days they fished and what they caught and how.They fish early and late into the season and often in cold,dangerous waters.I don't think they need to also post about the dangers of boating in erie.I have read numerous posts of others talking about the dangers of fishing on erie and posts of guys doing reckless things when they fish.Most others also appreciate Capt Juls and Capt Sam posting on this site.But you can't be too cautious fishing on any water,be it cold or hot,things can go wrong fast.
I'm sure the captain in this post is a responsible/safe operator, as are 99% of the captains out there. The problem I have is these are public forums and anybody that reads them may be inclined to try what these pros are doing. If Joe Blow posts about this type of winter fishing, I would personally make the dangers known within that post. I'm not saying that the captains are responsible for the actions of other fishermen, but as pros they can make them aware. I know I felt a responsibility when it involved safety and would make anyone aware. I wouldn't expect the captains to do a paragraph on the dangers of winter fishing, but a nice, to the point disclaimer might save a life.