Fished 10/29 within ~1/2 mile east of Kelleys. Cluster of boats were anchored. Bandits with combinations of white saw the most action - one may be called "fruit dots" (I'm bad with the names), dark purple adding some too. 100' back unassisted being the best, but 150' and 50/50 (2oz weight) also caught. Marks were in the 30-35' range, but everything was caught around 20'. Speed around 2.5mph. Also netted some to complete the 2 person limit by trolling past the southern trip of Kelleys Shoal. Back in and cleaned the fish (18-22") within 4 hours, home and fried for dinner.

I will be leaving my boat in through November this year. I have never attempted much late fall fishing. I also live almost 2 hours away. So the forum has been helpful over the years to become educated, as well as just figuring it out. With that said I'll probably only have 1-2 days out before closing it up and really want one of these large fish everyone talks about! With this brawl contest going on I sense the forum collaboration may die down, but I'm going to give this a shot...My general question is in late fall - heading out of Catawba - do the same general "hot spots" remain such and hold these trophy size walleye? Or is there a sudden shift in location? I probably wouldn't head further east than Vermilion. Only other question being, at what point would night fishing produce different size fish (not quantity) and does that change location? I tried to go back in the forum over previous years - after the fall brawl is over - to see if this type of info exists, but no luck!

Thanks.