I have viewed the reports on this site for a few years now and decided to register because I wanted to start a discussion.

Last May my friends and I were trolling for walleye along the east side of Kelley's when one of the planer boards kicked and we brought in a nasty little fish. I recognized it from the Discovery channel as a lamprey. (a 16" eel like paracitic fish with a circular mouth) I had never even heard of anyone catching one of these before, let alone hit a cranck bait.

Last Saturday I finally got a chance to get out for a little Perch fishing. We limitted out but only About 35 nicer size fish. One of them had a fresh, still bleeding, lamprey bite on it's side and when we got into the cleaning we found 3 more with the scars. Those are high percentages; and on the size of fish that I wouldn't have thought to be a target. From what I've been told if anyone cathes these DO NOT release them. They are an invasive spiecies. I'm just hoping that between these and the threat on th Asian Carp we still have good fishing for our kids.