Fishing with Eric and Rachel 7/21/19 Fishing with Eric and Rachel 7/21/19 Fishing with Eric and Rachel 7/21/19 Fishing with Eric and Rachel 7/21/19
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Juls, We got a late start on Sunday and actually seen you loading up as we were in the staging lane. We ran up to the NE side of Kelly's Shoal and the screen was loaded with marks in the 18 to 25ft range in 44fow. We usually set rods with the main motor still in gear to get the jets down faster then adjust our speed when everything is down, but yesterday we got 3 keepers running 4 rods before we even had time to drop the kicker. They must have wanted it fast Sunday, I was running 3.1 on the main motor. As I changed over to the kicker my speed dropped for a few and we pulled a couple big white bass, then turned back NE after checking out that abandoned little orange sailboat, bumped my speed back around 2.9 and pulled the rest of our 12 with very little junk fish. jet 40s 55 back with helmut and purple boxer spoons catching almost all 12 in about 2 1/2 hrs. I think the best bite was around 39N/36.5W
    Last edited by Prkr314; 07-22-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prkr314 View Post
    Juls, We got a late start on Sunday and actually seen you loading up as we were in the staging lane. We ran up to the NE side of Kelly's Shoal and the screen was loaded with marks in the 18 to 25ft range in 44fow. We usually set rods with the main motor still in gear to get the jets down faster then adjust our speed when everything is down, but yesterday we got 3 keepers running 4 rods before we even had time to drop the kicker. They must have wanted it fast Sunday, I was running 3.1 on the main motor. As I changed over to the kicker my speed dropped for a few and we pulled a couple big white bass, then turned back NE after checking out that abandoned little orange sailboat, bumped my speed back around 2.9 and pulled the rest of our 12 with very little junk fish. jet 40s 55 back with helmut and purple boxer spoons catching almost all 12 in about 2 1/2 hrs. I think the best bite was around 39N/36.5W
    Wow...that's fast! Thanks for the info.. The 39/36.4 is where I started that day. I'll try bumping up the speed.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters