Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Good Day

6/19/2019

Hey there Gang!

Latched on the rig and made the trip up in my usual sleep in fashion. Not used to spending mid-week days on the water. I think I could do it full time for sure !

Launched at Mazuriks at around 11:00 decided to head North East. Ended up about 4-5 miles N/E of Cedar Point.

There was quite a few others within a mile or so spread out, so I joined in and stayed out on the fringe.

Rigged up a tru-trip teamed with a Mepps Cyclops 4.5 inch silver spoon, was working on my other pole and the Off-Shore Tattle Flag was already going bonkers. A nice fish right off the bat.
    Let it out again and bam, the planner board was sunk! I just shut off the kicker because I had things all over the place trying to get the second pole rigged.

It turned out to be a huge channel cat, I would guess 15 pounds any how. I finally got the sucker netted ( Sort of) , (I have been using a smaller net lately, it makes it easier to net when trolling by myself). I couldn’t get it in the net, but I did manage to hook the treble on to the net and I lifted the whole cluster into the boat. lol

Boy the catfish slimed up my carpet and made a good stink of the place till I cleaned it up. It was a Dandy!

I finally got that fiasco handled and got both poles in the water. The other pole I rigged with a #2 Tadpole sent in back 40 ft. with a 4 inch Stinger spoon. This rig did not perform at all. I ended up putting on one of my (Wakina) style harnesses with a crawler and it did well.

Long story short, I caught plenty of keeper fish, but spent the day sorting out the smaller ones and brought home another ticket.

I made a big L shaped course from my start and then headed towards N/E corner of Kellys. All 40 plus ft. of water. Lots of marks.. I’m going to try for perch out there on Friday.

It was a very nice relaxing day. I am ready to change things up and do some casting and some perch fishing.
    Regards,
    Kent
    Last edited by pimplepounder; 06-20-2019 at 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling error
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium