Quote Originally Posted by eriedeerie View Post
The warming has been going on in lock-step with the amount of carbon being put into the atmosphere since the idustrial rev. You can literally graph it. Cycles are always present yes, but if you dont believe man has an influence, I guess you dont believe in science either. There is no controversy among scientists. Only politicians.

I'm not saying we and our behaviors haven't helped things along, but it's not something new. There has been rising temps for thousands of years, there has been more than one drastic cooling period in earth's history. Most of these phenomenons are cycles in one form or another. There are maximums and minimum and nature has a way to reset it self.

No different than rise and fall of fish populations, insects, etc.

I'm not hear to debate if global warming is a true thing, I'm just saying I dont feel like global warming is the root cause of the lakes high water level, it was this high in 1986, and then again in 60s. Yes we have a new all time high level but by a fraction of an inch, not by feet. And it's only an all time since they have been recording, about 100 years.........that's a very small dent in the timeline since the lake was formed. There is s good chance it has been even higher in the years b4 records were kept the modern way. In 15 years or so when we are are on the other leg of this cycle we will be complaining about how low the water level is.

I remember several time 5 or so years ago seeing the Portage river be nothing but mud with barely a trickle of water in the middle. Boats of 20-24 ft size were getting stuck in the mud and trashing prope. Now I've yet to see the water be in our boat basin this year