Go Fast Boats Go Fast Boats Go Fast Boats Go Fast Boats
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Go Fast Boats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not have the displeasure of seeing them this year however last year I had four kids under the age of 10 on board. I was hoping to introduce them to fishing. I anchored just west of the MH lighthouse in very tight to the shore in not more than 24 feet of water feeling safe from the normal weekend traffic. Then we saw the rooster tails coming at us from PIB. Cool at first but not for long. They came dangerously close to many anchored boats. Two of them actually passed between my boat and the shore at full speed. I could have hit them with a rock and would have if I had one handy. It seems that the coasties are more concerned about out dated flares than what is a Truely a dangerous situation and just look the other way. I have wanted to get this off my chest for a long time now. Thanks for listening.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw them south of Green, quite a parade. Actually made our bite pick up. They went south of the Pack, except for the guy at the very back who was minutes behind, he was aiming for the center of the pack and made a last minute turn to avoid most(good choice) boats. I did not want to drive through the pack at 8 mph let alone 50 mph like this boater was thinking. The baby helicopter was cool! Hows come I did not whip out my phone to film??

Be safe out there!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pick6 View Post
    I did not have the displeasure of seeing them this year however last year I had four kids under the age of 10 on board. I was hoping to introduce them to fishing. I anchored just west of the MH lighthouse in very tight to the shore in not more than 24 feet of water feeling safe from the normal weekend traffic. Then we saw the rooster tails coming at us from PIB. Cool at first but not for long. They came dangerously close to many anchored boats. Two of them actually passed between my boat and the shore at full speed. I could have hit them with a rock and would have if I had one handy. It seems that the coasties are more concerned about out dated flares than what is a Truely a dangerous situation and just look the other way. I have wanted to get this off my chest for a long time now. Thanks for listening.
    The whole expired flares thing has been on my nerve for a few years now. With today’s modern communications via cell phone and gps coordinates why does the ODNR think we still need flares?????