7/30
4 of us went to B can, that's where I had last fished and several folks told me there was still a good bite there. Apparently they had moved on, we caught 8 perch in 2 hours with 4 moves around the area, wasn't seeing any good marks, and there didn't appear to be any fish moving in and out.
We were in a 30' with an anchor and moving around was enough of a chore I decided to try elsewhere. Headed west and saw some boats fishing South of A can. Cruised around and found some good marks, so we set up. Immediately started pulling doubles and singles enjoying a fast bite for a half hour and then they quit biting and disappeared from the screen. I noticed at the same time the clouds moved from in front of the sun. I could see more clouds drifting in and decided to stay put, when the sun was blocked the fish were back and we had a good bite. Sun would shine bright and they would shut down. we hung out for 3 hours and got our fish, but you could predict when they were going to bite by the cloud movement. caught all our perch on 3 hook crappy rigs and emerald shiners from Bite Me Bait.