Quote Originally Posted by 5285 View Post
8\23
3 of us went back to the area north of A can that I had been fishing the last 3 days. Started fishing at 10 am and headed back around 2 pm with our 90 perch. It took a while for the guys with me to get used to the light bite, and they went through a lot of bait till they got the hang of it. Only had a few shorts to throw back, and a few white perch that we fed the seagulls. Still using 3 hook crappy rigs with most perch being caught on the top hooks. Got 4 scoops of those nice size (1 inch) goldies from A and Js Bait, and the 90 fish weighed 29 lbs at Shatto's.Perch-23-jpg
Fished the same program as above for 3 days with 4 guys. we ran all over the lake from Water intake, Crane Reef, B can and A can. Caught about 90% of our fish around A can in 3 days. 90 perch on Thursday and 25 pounds at cleaners. 30 fish on Friday and 12 pounds at cleaners and 70 perch on Saturday, with 19 pounds at cleaners. Fished about 6 hours each day. On Thursday we got some large emerald shiners at Hi-way Dons that we had to cut in half and thirds. I think this lead to the bigger catch on Thursday out of the three days. Friday and Saturday we used Goldies from Butch and Denny's.

Bite was light. Used crappie rigs with an additional snelled hook on sinker clip that caught a lot of fish on Thursday and Friday however like above, the bite on Saturday was coming off the top hook! Fishing was a little slow at times however we limited on 30 packs of Busch Latte each day to make a great trip with two old sets of brothers!