Perch Perch Perch Perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any News of perch in the west? Very disappointed with this years haul. And the clock is ticking, unfortunately I'm starting to lose hope for this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Sat over some of the best marks I've had in a while for 45 minutes yesterday without so much as a nibble. Wind was picking up so I decided to go back in and watch football.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rkfet View Post
    Sat over some of the best marks I've had in a while for 45 minutes yesterday without so much as a nibble. Wind was picking up so I decided to go back in and watch football.
    Great decision. Everyone i talked to yesterday was catching nothing. We went east of Kelly's in the morning and went west in the afternoon. Mostly fished for walleye. Fished 8am to 8pm. Caught 3 fish. No perch

Post Thanks / Like

I'm done with moving, moving, moving, fishing for 6 hours to get 2. Until the bite starts to pick up, if I can't get them going within the first hour or so, I'm calling it quits.

Post Thanks / Like

10\15
    Two of us went to Crib Reef at 10 am this morning. Tried several spots with decent marks and caught (1) 13" perch in 2 hours. Came back to L can and tried for an hour with no takers. Headed up to A can and caught our limit in 2 hours. Perch were 7 to 12" with lots of 4 to 6" throw backs. also fed 60+ white perch to the pack of gulls setting around us. Almost used all the 4 generous scoops of emerald shiners we got at Bite Me Bait. Fish were caught on 3 hook crappie rigs on the bottom. All fish caught with in a 100 feet of the can.

Perch-1015-jpg
    Last edited by 5285; 10-15-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe those big perch think they are walleye hanging out on the rocks by Crib.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why but crib seems to always hold monster perch.......just dont always get big numbers of them
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

Post Thanks / Like

10\11
    Friday 2 of us got a late start out to Crib, located some decent marks and set up a little after 3 pm. Caught a bunch of white perch, gobys, and 4 to 8 inch yellow perch. A little after 5 pm we had (42) 7 and 8' perch in the box, and it started getting noticeably darker with the heavy cloud cover. That seemed to trigger some bigger fish. In the next 45 minutes we finished our limit with 9 to 13" perch. Got some really nice size emerald shiners from A and J bait, and used 3 hook crappie rigs on the bottom.

Perch-1011-jpg
    Last edited by 5285; 10-12-2019 at 11:43 PM.