Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Perch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

8/25
    Took a neighbor out with me this afternoon, went to the same spot 1 mile north of A can. Very few boats on the lake today, passed 5 at L can and 2 at A can. Maybe the rest caught there fish early and headed in before I went out. Little chop on the water from the north wind, but not enough we needed to drop the anchor. Marked some fish and set the spotlock on the trolling motor. The bite had been light for the last few days but today was really light, just the slightest stop in the flexing of the rod tip signaled the bite, you either set the hook or lost your bait. The neighbor had a hard time with it and only caught 8 fish, it took me 2 and a half hours to catch a limit. Used 3 hook crappy rigs and goldies from A and Js. I gave him all the perch so i don't know the weight, but they were the same size We have been catching there.

Post Thanks / Like

9/22-23-24-25-26
    Last Tuesday afternoon went out with my neighbor north of Niagara reef 30 fow. It was just windy enough that we couldn't keep his anchor holding. Spent 3 and a half hours catching one or two then slipping. Nice fish but we only got 37. Took him in my boat Wednesday to the same spot and caught our limit in the same amount of time. Most were 10 to 12 inch with a few 13s. Thursday went to the same spot by myself for a 2 and a half hour limit. Friday my brother came up and we headed out about 9am to the same spot. caught 37 pretty quick then they stopped. Moved around and tried several spots within a half mile but couldn't get any to bite. Moved down to Water Dogs neighborhood south of G can, pulled a few then decided to head back up to Niagara. Made for an 8 hour day but we got our limit. Saturday 3 of us went back to North of Niagara reef. Fished for 6 hours to catch our fish. Had to make several short moves to get back on the bite. I considered it a pretty good week. Way better than last year at this time. As always we were using 3 hook crappy rigs with shiners and goldies from A n Js. I didn't keep any of the perch (freezers full) gave them all away, so I don't know what they weighedPerch-tp-jpg
    Last edited by 5285; 09-28-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I was out in the lighthouse area Sunday early and again Monday late. Didn't do well either day. Kept a dozen Sunday with another 6 or 8 smalls thrown back. That was me and my grandson. Monday was on another guy's boat. 4 of us started about 2 fished till sunset, 6 fish. Great bait from ANJ. Think I'm going to try tomorrow early again. Probably run out of Catawaba. If the wind isn't bad maybe run out to Niagara.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished out of Catawba today. Pretty slow only kept a dozen between 2 of us. Had about 6 small walleye, 1 worth measuring. Started near the green can had a real slow pick of decent fish. Made several small moves then ran to near G can. None paid off. Ended up back where we started and got a few more. Fished 8 till 1. Probably should have stayed out but you never know. Never really marked a lot of fish in any spot. May try again Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Perch

I was wondering when they were gonna heat up. Havent seen many reports of any good catches. Toledo intake?

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know approximately how many miles it is from catawba out to g can?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tony from catawba ramp you should be just a touch over 2 mi to G

Post Thanks / Like

Perch Tournament has been canceled.
    However the same tournament will be rescheduled for October 9th, registration will be open until October 1st.
    Register at Perchguy
    Perch-perch-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

10/23-24
    3 of us went to south side of Big Pickerel Reef at 11:30 am caught a few in a half hour. Moved to 20 fow north of Crane Cree and caught our limit in about 4 hours, mostly 8 inch perch, lots of throw back 6 and 7 inch fish some 9s and a few 10 inch. Went back to the same spot Sunday and caught our 90, same size fish as Saturday. Got nice shiners at Bite Me Bait both days, and all fish were caught with 3 hook crappie rigs. Weather looks terrible the rest of this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Great. Thank you. I launch out of catawba and was planning a trip back soon. I thought it looked farther and didnt want a long ride. But sounds like it shouldnt be but 10 or 15 mins