Perch Perch Perch Perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Perch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Catching and landing a 15 pound fish is a big deal. Most folks never get to accomplish that. Congradulations.

Post Thanks / Like

9\28-29 Fri went to north side of Crib Reef at 4pm by myself 21 fow 2 hours perch30 perch 16.5 lbs at Shatto's (no sorting) they were a big average Shiners from Bite me bait 3 hook crappie rigs on the bottom. Sat 3 of us went to the same spot 90 perch 36 lbs at the cleaners in 4 hours again on shiners and crappie rigs.
    Time to go perch fishing
    Last edited by 5285; 09-29-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

8/17 Started out south of A can at 10 am. Slow bite 18 in 2 hours.Went to NW corner of Crib Reef, Caught eight 11 & 12 perch in an hour and a half. Headed over to D can found good marks right beside the can. Took 3 hours to finish our limit, 22 lbs at Shatto's. Never got a good bite going, but caught fish all day. caught some 4 & 5" perch (gently released) and a bunch of 3" walleye (quickly released) Used 2 full scoops of goldies from Bite Me Bait to catch our 60 perch. All day the perch just refused to bite double hooked minnows, they had to be single hooked through the belly, and lively to get a bite, and we missed a lot of strikes with the single hook. Headed back to south of A can in the morning. Going to try to get out a little earlier.
    Last edited by 5285; 08-19-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great work earning your Master Captains license!
    Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

7/26
    Tried again Friday Picket fence, L and A can. Found a few marks, no good schools. Goldies and frozen shiners on crappie rigs and spreaders, I also tried the flies I made to look like sand fleas, they caught 3 perch and 2 sheephead. Caught 11 perch in 5 hours split up fairly even at all 3 locations. Gave up on them Saturday and Sunday and went back to bottom bouncing walleye at least there still biting. Going to try for the perch again on Thurs and Fri.

Post Thanks / Like

8/4 CORRECTION; that was 25 lbs at the cleaners for 60 perch, not 35 lbs

Post Thanks / Like

Still. Real nice grade fish!

Post Thanks / Like

8/5 Back out to south of A can. Fantastic morning 2 hours 60 nice perch, again 25 lbs at Shatto's fish cleaning, on goldies from Bite Me Bait. 3 hook crappie rigs.

Had an incident this morning that I think warrants mentioning. I am always mildly annoyed by people traveling into and out of a pack of boats and leaving a large wake, but this morning was something much more. An inconsiderate jerk-wad in a red and white 27' hard top Sportcraft left the pack around 10 o'clock at full throttle and passed 100 feet off my bow. he blew the boat beside me off his anchor and rearranged most of the gear in my boat. If you are that discourteous punk and a stranger walks up and slaps you upside the head; it means I found you.
    Attached Images Attached Images Perch-20180805_082442-jpg 
    Last edited by 5285; 08-05-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Fri Sat Sun. Spent a lot of hours around A can, fished B can, picket fence, Big Pick Reef, Crib Reef, K Can. Marked fish everywhere I fished, never got a good bite going all weekend. Friday was the best, worked on the boat all day, left the dock at 5:30 and back to the dock by 9pm. 2 of us caught 42 fish with 2 moves North and South of A can. Saturday headed to A can at 8:30, rode out the storm caught 18 perch and came in at noon. Went to K can Sat evening 2 hours 16 more perch. Suday 4 of us Fished the reefs and Picket fence. Same thing every spot, anchor up, pull 2-5 then 1 or 2 fish an hour. Came in at 1pm with 39. Every perch was full of small shad, and bugs. Warm water and plenty of forage makes for Dog Days of August. If your like me and don't have anything better to do it ain't a bad way to kill time. If you are dissappointed with less than limit trips, you may want to find something else to do for a while.
    Last edited by 5285; 08-27-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

9/30 Back out to the same spot north of crib 21 fow. 3 of us caught 90 perch, 2 nice small mouth, white perch and baby walleye (gently returned). The perch weighed 36 lbs at Shatto's and were caught on emerald shiners from A and Js. All of us were using 3 hook crappie rigs. The perch came in waves a few singles then some doubles then wait 15 minutes and start over, The bass and white perch showed up in between the yellow perch schools. multiple 12 & 13" perch with quite a few 11". Weather was absolutely perfect.