Sure Shad Sure Shad Sure Shad Sure Shad
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sure Shad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple more LEI Js and WIZ (new banana?)Sure Shad-lei-js-jpgSure Shad-wiz-jpg

Don't know what this are but someone once told me they are ParrishSure Shad-parrish-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Hotfire - Yes - the Sure Shad I am using were made by the Veselka Tackle Company. I have been using them more over the past few years.

Post Thanks / Like

These were all good lures. The fishing was so good in the 80's and early 90's that any weight forward would catch limits when the bite was going good. My favorite times were when the walleye were feeding up high in the water column. We used to call it "Splash and Crank". Cast out and start your slow retrieve as soon as the lure hit the water... crank a few times and, WHAM! Fish on!

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to say that I love this thread. I still keep a box full of weight forward spinners on my boat and one of my crank bait boxes still has a couple of Wiggle Warts and Hot-n-Tots in it. I like to pull them out and tell my boys about how me and my dad (who died before they were born) used to hammer the walleye with these baits back when I was their age. We've even caught a few fish on them in the past couple of years.

Now, I have a 15 year old who ties his own worm harnesses and imitation Weapons/Mayfly rigs and begs me to take him to Hi-Way Bait or Erie Outfitters to buy more hooks and blades. He'd fish every day if he could. Just like me at that age.

The way we fish for walleye has changed over the past 30 years. Fortunately, some things, like dads and sons fishing together and telling stories about the "good old days" haven't changed at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhh... The swing and the count. I remember the days of the first fish hitting the net and everybody on the boat asking, "What was the count?" and "What color are you using?". We would would zero in on those suspended walleye and the color of the day.

This thread really takes me back!

And for the record... at 20 years old I was once the youngest charter captain on the lake (at least according to the directory of the Lake Erie Charter Boat Association).