Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sure Shad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Basstracker1333 View Post
    It is fun to read about old baits still working, Back in the late 70's and early 80's my Grandfather was stuck on the gold nuggets, every once in a while I will put one on and still manage to catch a few on the nuggets.
    Yes those were the days!! We would throw 4 different colors.... green and white red and white all red all green and who ever caught the first fish showed the color and the count and everybody else followed suit. Didn't always work but damn we where havin' fun with 10 fish limits.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Post Thanks / Like

Love reading all this. Grandpa used to take me out once a week and we threw gold nuggets. no question made several thousand casts with one of those over the years. I threw one saturday for a while just to say hi to gramps, whom Im sure was looking down and smiling. only problem was he didnt send any fish my way... love working the swing and the count. who needs all this technology lol.

good luck all

Post Thanks / Like

Pzeller-

The 5/8 oz. chartreuse with a green overspray was what I used 99% of the time. It was an absolute walleye magnet. I loved that lure more than any other. It sure makes me yearn for the good ol' days!

Post Thanks / Like

Looked through papa''s old box sure enough found about 3 dozen new ED, SS, and several other off brands.

Brought them up if for no other reason to feel like he us still there with me
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

Post Thanks / Like

And don't forget chartreuse! That was always the hot color for us. I also remember a few other weight forwards... The Parrish Pea, The Lake Erie Hellion, and the Big John (just to name a few). And of course there were Hot n' Tots and Wiggle Warts crankbaits before trolling was all the rage. Ahhhh, those were the days!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they where!
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Post Thanks / Like

I was going through my tackle and came across a bunch of old weight forward's that I have and remembered this old thread from last summer. I attached a couple of pictures of Sure Shad lures from 2 different suppliers. Veselka from Maumee and Wagner from Defiance. I don' know if these are different owners of the same brand but thought I would put it out there for people to comment on.

Sure Shad-veselka-shad-2-jpgSure Shad-wagner-shad-2-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Green and white Parrish pea, my all-time favorite back in the day followed by the big johns! Lots of fish and memories made with those. And to add, back then I always used a 5foot2inch, medium casting rod, berkley bionix, and as a matter of fact, I still have it and several other short casting rods.

Post Thanks / Like

what about lei j,s i think thats how you spell them just bought around 40 cards of them new old stock the fish head, Erie dearies,parish peas, all colors. and few others. friend of mine bought them out years ago probally got 500 or so. and was able to get 5 cards of new Erie dearies we pour the head for him he makes them he does a really good job even sends them out to be gold plated so the price of that goes by whatever the price of gold is. going to get some nuggets for the wall but what size we have 5/8 and 3/4 i also think this will be a great year for the old lures
    Last edited by rscotfish; 03-15-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oops sorry, make that medium heavy berkley bionix.